A gravestone is a representation of the deceased’s relationships with other human beings. And sometimes it portrays the deceased’s lifestyle or interest. From the shape of a shark to a BMW gravemarker, here are 20 such unusual yet fascinating gravestones from around the world.
1. Fernand Arbelot Gravestone, France
This is the tombstone of a musician and actor Fernand Arbelot, buried in the Pere Lachaise cemetery, Paris. The gravestone shows him holding his wife’s face as he wished to gaze at her face for eternity.
2. Michael Ayrton’s Grave, England
3. Eternal Embrace, New York
4. George S. Bangs Monument. Rosehill Cemetery, Chicago
5. Pool Table Gravestone, Illinois
6. Mrs. Chippy Monument, New Zealand
7. Nicolas Cage’s Pyramid Tomb, Louisiana
8. The Davis Memorial, Hiawatha, Kansas
9. Skeletons in love, Nong Khai, Northeast Thailand
10. Jesus Is My Swingset, Louisville
11. Empty Chair Tombstone, Vermont
12. The Kiss Of Death, Barcelona
13. Marble Computer Tombstone
14. Shark Tombstone, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
15. Tomb Of Yuri Nikulin, Russia
16. Child In A Crib Headstone, Missouri
17. BMW Headstone, London
18. The grave of the sleeping girl, Germany
19. Unusual gravestone In Florence, Italy
20. Georges Rodenbach’s grave, France
Aren’t these gravestones absolutely unique and interesting? What are your thoughts on these? Let us know in the comments.