Yes, this year has been awful. We lost 1.4 million people in the world due to coronavirus. We faced job loss and nation-wide lockdown. But it also taught us something. We came face to face with the harsh realities of life and understood what’s really important. We realized the difference between needs and wants. But some days are just dark. At this point in time, most of us are trying to look at some good news that might make our day better.
Here are some 20 good news that happened in 2020 –
1. US health workers receive first shots of Covid-19 vaccine
2. Scientists in Australia reported preclinical laboratory studies of a new cancer vaccine had shown promising signs.
3. Water on the moon is more widespread than previously thought and could help sustain future missions as drinking water or fuel, NASA announced in October.
4. SpaceX launches two astronauts into space for first time
5. 103-year-old veteran survives COVID-19, 102-year-old woman survives the virus twice
6. In December, a 102-year-old New York woman who survived the Spanish flu pandemic in 1918 and beat cancer also overcame COVID-19 not once, but twice.
7. A baby is born from an embryo frozen more than 27 years ago
8. Single foster dad adopts five siblings so they can all stay together
(Courtesy: Hamilton County Job and Family Services Adoption and Foster Care Recruitment)
9. 7-year-old throws personal prom for his babysitter after hers was canceled
10. Drive-in movie theaters made a comeback.
11. Restaurants shared their secret recipes so we could make them at home.
15. After his partner died in 2012, an elephant from a Pakistani zoo was called the “world’s loneliest elephant.” In addition to loneliness, he had also been suffering from poor living conditions. Finally, he was recently transported to Cambodia, where he found companionship and better living conditions.
16. Costa Rica has recently legalized same-sex marriage, becoming the first country in Central America to do so.
17. It was announced that NASA, Elon Musk’s Space X, Universal, and Tom Cruise will collaborate to shoot the first movie in space.
18. In the past few decades, air pollution had been getting more dramatic. This year, a significant reduction was revealed all over the world. For example, in the Northeast U.S., air pollution dropped by 30%.
19. Researchers have succeeded in printing a 3D living skin model. This will prevent animal experiments in the future.
20. An 11-year-old ballet dancer from Nigeria has received several scholarship offers from around the world to learn ballet, after a video of him dancing barefoot in the rain went viral. In 2021, he’ll start studying in a prestigious school in the U.S.
What good things have happened in your life this year? Let us know in the comments!
If you liked this good news article then check out – 24 Pets Acting So Silly It Must Be A Treat To Be Around Them