Having your first baby can be overwhelming. And while you may not have a clue as to where to start, the internet only adds to the confusion. We made a simple go-to list of baby products that will take off some loads from your shoulders and let them be there when the baby needs to burp (wink wink!)!
1. A squirting spoon that comes with a squeezable silicone pouch to make feeding moments easier and less messy!
This comes with a hard plastic lid so you can seal it up and save it for snack time.
Parent Review: “This product is Amazing!!! I now have kids in sports/activities and I am always on the go. I put my baby’s food in one of these and take it to go in my diaper bag. It comes with a spoon cover that is hard plastic that covers the hole where the food comes out. The body of the spoon is a soft silicone that you gently squeeze to get the pureed food out. The spoon itself is hard plastic but we had no issues. It is easy to clean and comes apart in two pieces. Seriously, this is the best gadget ever! This is coming from a mother of four who has probably owned and purchased every gadget out there to make life easier!!“
Buy for $7.99 (available in four colors)
2. This cactus teether toothbrush helps baby grow their teeth happily and healthily by helping soothe sore teething gums and also keeping oral hygiene.
Parent Review: “I found this product when scouring Amazon for teething options for my 1 year old who was cutting molars. This teether has been a LIFESAVER!! I bought one at first and when I saw the way she just walked around chewing on it and was able to get some relief I went back and bought 3 more to ensure we would have one in every house she’s at for baby sitting. Best product ever! Would highly, highly recommend giving it a try if your little one is having molar teething frustrations!“
3. A baby bottle sterilizer to keep everything squeaky clean without washing them with any nasties.
Parent Review: “Used this 20 years ago when I had my daughter. Now with COVID to sterilize the N95 surgical mask that I have to reuse. Steam is 95% effective in sterilizing, I just hang them in a wooden spoon to dry out. Don’t put it in the microwave with the mask in, they have metal. Just boil water- pour it in set mask on tray an let them Steam away for 10 Mins.”
4. A ducky bath spout cover to safeguard your faucets and taps, to prevent your little ones from bumping into it while splish-splashing around!
Parent Review: “I can assure you, this one is the best one that fits the most amount of faucets while still covering the underside sharp edges of the spout. However, we pulled it off about 2 months after use and we found the inside covered with mold. We used a bleach and vinegar solution to kill it off and this is probably just something to expect with every rubber spout cover. Just keep an eye out for it!“
5. A baby wipes warmer to give your baby a comfortable diaper changing experience. At nighttime, it displays a soft light with low voltage for safety.
Parent Review: “I love this warmer and would highly recommend it! I have a baby boy and several people told me a warmer was not necessary and would not be used. THEY WERE WRONG!!! This makes diapers change so much better as he likes the warmth and it also helps to prevent getting sprayed with urine!!“
6. This cozy, magic sleepsuit to make your baby’s transition from swaddle days as smooth as possible.
Parent Review: “What is this magic!?!? I had seen the Baby Merlin Magic Sleep Suit suggested several times on STTN posts and was skeptical it would work for Baby Girl W. Watching her try and settle in her swaddle, she made me nervous rolling on to her side so we decided to make the leap. Amazing! First-night BGDubs settled faster to sleep than she ever had previously and hit that golden milestone of STTN. Glorious!“
7. A 3-in-1 bottle warmer and cooler, to keep your baby’s bottle ready and save yourself the mid-night trips to the kitchen.
8. A foldable baby playmat that comes with a Baby Fence with Table, Seat Stool & Lockable Gate! All of these keeping the baby happy, entertained, and secure.
Parent Review: “I’ve owned a lot of pack and plays in my day but this one takes the crown. Not only does it come with the detachable activity center (HUGE bonus) but it has the cutest characters on the mat insert. The diaper changing station is a must-have. It’s my favorite baby essential! You need this.“
9. A nursing pillow and positioner that “lifts the baby to a more ergonomic position for feedings”; perfect for feeding, propping, tummy time, and sitting.
Parent Review: “I got this prenatally as a pillow for myself; it’s great for side sleeping. And I continued using it for support while nursing. The only thing is, I’ve had this for a few months now and I’ve realized the pink stripes have completely faded away. I’ve only ever washed it in the machine with cold water. Consider other options if the pink motif is important to you.“
10. Sophie, the baby teether that has been the star with the kids for decades.
Parent Review: “Our granddaughter, Charlie, loves Sophie! I just purchased a 2nd one for back up. High-quality material, soft but sturdy, and really cute. It is on the pricey side for a baby toy though I expect that it will last a long time.“
11. These stylish and functional teething bibs, that comes with an attached silicone teether to do its job as your baby drools!
Parent Review: “I don’t usually leave reviews but this product is so good I had to share my thoughts with all the new parents out there. This is my 5th child and I have had every bib you can imagine and none of them are great quality bibs like these. My baby’s clothes stay dry for hours and hours. The snap closure ensures she won’t accidentally pull her bib off and the tether at the end is one of her favorite toys. This product is a must have for all new parents!“
12. A portable baby bassinet that’s so snug and easy to carry, that it will make all your travel (with a baby) dreams come true!
It converts easily into a travel bag and comes with a waterproof foam mattress with a fitted, wraparound sheet.
Parent Review: “I love love this portable sleeper. I use it in the pack and play during the day and when he is out and about with me I just fold it up and go and he can sleep ANYWHERE!“
13. A battery-operated bunny night light for a soft, soothing glow in your baby’s nursery. The bunny features three different control settings for the light — white glow, a red glow, and light off — along with a three-hour timer to turn it off.
Parent Review: “This light is so adorable! I love that it’s battery operated so there aren’t any cords in my daughter’s room. It’s also a great silicon material so it’s very kid-friendly.“
14. A baby sleep soother to be the most-prepped parent when your kid goes on a crying spree in the middle of everywhere.
The baby soother is designed with 15 soothing sounds, including 11 lullabies, mama’s heartbeat, rain sound, shush and birds singing. Helps kids and adults to fall asleep faster and sleep sounder.
Parent Review: “We use this mini version of the larger owl soother in the car, on vacation when she stays the night at Nana’s, and now that’s she’s older she sometimes likes to hold it in the grocery store. We have had no problems with it and plan to continue to use it with our son who will be here in a few months.“
15. A pack of 3 silicone bibs, made with an easy wipe, stain, and odor resistant, waterproof fabric with a catch-all pocket.
Parent Review: “I been looking for bibs that are big, not too plastic, long, and easy to wash and I found them! Love these bibs and will order another set!“
16. A foam tile play mat to give your baby the ultimate play space and learn. The thick mats are easy to hand wash with soap and water.
Parent Review: “It’s exactly as shown and my kids loved it. The fact that it’s 36 tiles there’s so much space for my daughter to just crawl all around.”
17. Multi-purpose healing cream that will be your holy grail to heal irritated and chapped skin from teething, drool rash, or diaper rash quickly.
Parent Review: “Best diaper cream by far. Poor newborn was pooping 10 times a day and developed a pretty bad rash from all the wiping and what not. Tried all the usuals, baby Aquaphor, Desitin, and Boudreaux’s; but nothing cleared it. Tried this cream out of desperation and it worked wonders overnight! The only complaint is that the tube is so small, but otherwise, I am hooked and so is the baby.”
18. A hanging diaper caddy that will create space for your baby’s stuff in the stuffiest of the apartments.
Besides 2 C-clip hook onto all playard frames, Maliton diaper changing organizer has 2 extra adjustable buckle straps for modern cribs with thicker bar, dresser changing table, pack ‘n play, and even your car.
Parent Review: “I wish I had gotten this months ago! I fit some stuff underneath the changing table, but the attached crib always turns into a storage space for diapers and wipes. This was so easy to put together and holds more than I was expecting. So convenient just reaching over to grab wipes and diapers instead of fishing around in the crib. So glad I bought this! Really cute, too. 😊 “