Animated movies have been getting better each year. There are constant improvements and we can definitely see the difference between 1994 & 2019’s ‘The Lion King.’ The level of detailing that goes on in the movie is magnificent. But that’s what makes them so popular too, right? But did you know that few animated movies changed small details in their films for different countries?
Yeah, they did it so that people can resonate well with the object or emotion. Check them out –
1. Zootopia: Different newscasters depending on the countries
2. Inside Out: Riley rejecting broccoli vs. green peppers
It’s a known fact that most people and especially kids in United States dislike broccoli. But it’s not the same for kids in Japan. Infact, they like it. So, instead of broccoli, they changed to green bell peppers. It’s been noted that Japanese kids have an intense dislike for them.
3. Inside Out: Riley’s dad daydreaming about Hockey vs. Soccer
4. Planes: Rochelle changes appearance depending on the country
5. Toy Story 2: Buzz Lightyear’s speech
6. Up: Carl & Ellie save up for their trip to Paradise Falls by putting change in a glass jar labeled the same vs the world
7. Moana: Released with a different title in Italy due to a controversial adult movie actress with the same name
8. Monsters University: Cupcakes for English vs. international viewers
9. Ratatouille: The French version has the letter that Remy found rewritten in French, instead of just adding the subtitles
10. Cars: Jeff Gorvette changes appearance & is based on the famous race drivers of different countries
If you liked this animated movies article then check out – These 2 Brothers Spent 8 Years Recreating ‘Toy Story 3’ Using Stop-Motion Animation