What images come to your mind when you think of international borders? – Huge fences, electric-barbed wires, and heavy security. Right? Well, this is in most cases but apart from this, there are a lot of cool and interesting borders that speak out loud about the friendship and hostility between the two nations.
We here at Munchable have listed out 32 interesting borders, so scroll down to see the striking images of international borders. Bet this is the most interesting thing you will see today!
1. Poland and Ukraine
And nothing fishy goes on in here!
2. The alcoholic war: Hans Island between Canada And Denmark
It all started in the year 1973 when Denmark and Canada began deciding their borders through negotiations. They agreed on all different debates aside from Hans Island which was then chosen to decide later. Things got tense in the year 1984 when Canadians sailed to the island and raised their flag on the island and kept a famous Canadian Whiskey as a symbolic expression and that is the way the world’s greatest alcoholic war (just kidding!) began.
3. North Korea and South Korea
4. Norway and Sweden
5. United States and Mexico
6. Netherlands and Belgium
You will be literally be living in two countries if you are living in that house.
7. Germany and the Netherlands: This office is half German, and half Dutch!
A metal strip on the floor of Europe Business Center marks the border between Germany and the Netherlands.
8. USA and Mexico
Residents joining for a volleyball match during the fourth “Fiesta Bi-Nacional” at the fence that separates the U.S. (left) and Mexico (right), on April 14, 2007.
9. Thousand Islands border joining Canada and the US
The Thousand Islands Bridge, which was completed in 1938, is actually a system of five bridges and the island roadways connecting them. The international span, which crosses a small rift between Wellesley Island in the US and Hill Island in Canada, is only 90 feet (27 m) in length.
10. Vatican City and Italy
The Vatican has often cited an example of an Enclave, a territory that is completely surrounded by the territory of one other state, in this case, Italy.
11. What looks like a picnic table is the border between Slovakia, Austria, and Hungary
12. Tanzania and Kenya
13. Saudi and Bahrain separated by King Fahd Causeway Bridge
14. Spain and Portugal separated by a cable.
15. International border of Poland, Ukraine, and Slovakia
16. Dreiländereck – border of France, Switzerland, and Germany
Dreiländereck is a monument basel that meets at the border of France, Switzerland, and Germany. The tripoint itself is located in the middle of the river Rhine. The monument dedicated to it is in Swiss territory, on a point of land approximately 150 metres (165 yards) to the south-east
17. France and Spain, separated by a box 🤔
18. Egypt and Saudi Arabia
19. Costa Rica and Panama are separated by a railway track. Easy Commute!
20. And how can we forget The Great Wall Of China, the border of China and Mongolia
21. Chile and Argentina
22. France and Italy. Cool!
23. Thailand, Myanmar, and Laos are separated by a colourful triangle
24. Ban Gioc – Detian fall at the border between Vietnam and China
Ban Gioc – Detian Falls or Ban Gioc falls is a collective name for two waterfalls on the Quây Sơn River, that straddle the international border between China and Vietnam; more specifically located between the Karst hills of Daxin County, Guangxi, and Trùng Khánh District, Cao Bằng Province.
25. Iguazú Falls – Brazil and Argentina
26. Argentina and Chile, divided by peace and love!
27. Macau and Mainland China
Macau drives on the left side of the road and Mainland China drives on the right side of the road.
28. Austria and Slovenia
29. Austria and Germany border
30. Australia and rest of the world
31. US-Canada border inside Haskell Library
32. Egypt and Israel
How does the border of your country look like? Let us know which one was the most interesting border.